CPS’ Support for our students and families extends beyond the classroom, particularly in times of crisis.
This remains a difficult time for our school communities–especially families who rely on us for more than an education.
When the COVID-19 pandemic forced schools to move to remote learning in March 2020, our community joined Children First Fund to meet the immediate needs of our school communities through the Compassion Fund. And, when students began the new school year, you helped to make sure all students had the resources to start the school year on even footing. As we move ahead in this difficult moment, the Compassion Fund will continue to provide critical support to students and families facing adverse circumstances, and to promote a safe, supportive, and equitable learning environment. This includes:
- Direct emergency relief for families with extenuating circumstances to support with rent, meals, bills, hygiene needs, and more
- Continued support for technology needs–including devices and connectivity
- Book distribution to build culturally relevant home libraries
- Hands-on early reading kits for our youngest learners, and other school supplies
- Support for CPS’ Meal Distribution and home delivery efforts
- Social Emotional learning support for classrooms to help process trauma and grief
Thanks to your generosity, we have supported hundreds of schools, and tens of thousands of students and families. We will continue together to ensure our families are supported and that students and educators are equipped to succeed.